January 19, 2012

My View Today

I'm taking the day off. Aside from making soup for dinner and cleaning the kitchen, I'm not doing any work today. I didn't even make my bed. Gasp. Scandal! I picked a good day for it. This is the view out my window from my spot on the sofa.


A perfectly snowy day. This is my view of the coffee table. A stack of unread books and magazines just waiting for me to flip through them.


 The wrap I'm knitting is also calling to me. It's ruffled edge eagerly waving me over. How is a girl to choose?


Did you ever think to use a pretty glazed pot to contain your yarn while you knit? It works perfectly.

P.S. Answers to questions from yesterday's post:

1)The door knob is from Anthropologie. The funny thing is that the first knob he got me said Enter and Exit on it and he accidentally knocked it out of the door and smashed it to bits. When he went back to get another, they were out of that one and so he got the In and Out one. I actually prefer this one so it was a happy accident!

2)The paint color is Martha Stewart Araucana Blue from Lowes. It's an old color but they should still be able to mix it for you. If you have trouble I have the formula.

3)The light fixture is from Lowe's. I really, truly love it and two of them might not be enough for me.

23 comments:

  1. You didn't make your bed? I can't be your friend anymore- who are you?!

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. think of me whilst you are piddling....I'm painting our kitchen and have no gumption!
    Enjoy your sweet day

    Xoxox kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect day! I, too, am having a lay-low day...not by choice...but it is what it is. I plan on digging into all my magazines I have sitting here waiting for me. Aren't we blessed to be able to do this? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing day! Bet you can't last all day without making the bed though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy!!

    janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yarn dish looks similar to one that one of my girls made, only bigger. Sounds like you have a delightful day planned for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And I love those days when I don't make the bed too, who said a bed had to be made everyday anyway?! Sounds like a fun day...I love your craft room below here, looks like another place I could spend all day in..have fun! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that light fixture too! In fact I'm going to make my husband take me over to Lowe's tonight after work to see if our local one carries it! Most of our light fixtures are vintage but I'm on the look out for one for my son's soon to be empty room and I think this is just the one!

    ~Chris

    PS we had a "snow day" yesterday... and I did pretty much just what you're doing today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfection!
    & the yarn in the gorgeous bowl is perfection too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never thought about a bowl for my yarn! What a great idea1

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun day. Enjoy!
    I love the light fixture - it is so vintage and you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you lucky duck, you! Sounds like a perfect day! Love that glazed pot!!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't get snow days! So what's my excuse for taking a day off? Don't have one : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! What a pretty, pretty view. I love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen, you don't know me, but I've been reading your blog for many moons. I was on the Yvestown Blog and saw that you won the giveaway for the Sew What You Love book. Congrats. Wanted to make sure you knew.

    ReplyDelete
  16. okay: next time i'm in indiana, i'm grabbing you and we're going to my cousin's ceramics studio in winona lake. he makes the BEST yarn bowls. they looks like the head of a creature, and the nostrils hold the yarn. they're awesome. also? so hating indiana for all the snow you guys have gotten. minnesota is killing me this year. gah. perfect for a lazy day, though, so i shall wish you a sincere, "enjoy!!" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like those days when you're set-up in a spot with everything within reach.

    enjoy ...

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  18. So jealous! We've had almost no snow here in Maryland!

    I hope you enjoyed your day.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is the perfect day. your photos capture the calmness of the day. i could just plop down with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm jealous of that snow!

    To torture myself I keep Carmel's weather on my phone...yesterday at 3:30 pm it was 81 degrees here and 19 there...some people will think I'm crazy when I say that I would have preferred to have been in Indiana at that point!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That rap looks so cozy.. love it!
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  22. all so beautiful here! love the new closet and studio

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. It's always so appreciated.