October 27, 2014

The Good Book


This year I have been very disorganized. I blame two things. The first was that I bought a yearly planner that only had week views and no monthly calendars. I can't even tell you how many birthdays I missed. The second was that I tried to give up list making. The thing is, I love list making. It keeps me sane. Ish. What I don't love is feeling like a failure when I don't accomplish everything on my to do list on a given day and I don't know about you, but I never accomplish everything on my to do list!


What I really wanted was a way to balance lists and being organized with living in the moment and being creative. Then I discovered the Day Designer by Whitney English and now I might never be the same. If you knew me in real life, you'd know I research all big decisions. Like I need a 12 step program for it, so clearly I wasn't going to drop $59 on a planner without some research. First I went here and signed up to get a free sample page of the planner and I tried it out to see how it would work for me. I also spent some time (okay, hours) on you tube looking at reviews, and searching for blog reviews and looking at things like #daydesigner and #planneraddict. That's a big deal folks. I'm not a fan of the hashtag. #ihatehashtags


Then I went about giving it a test run. I fell in love. I love that it has a space for your top 3 things to get done in the day. Now I feel like anything above that is a bonus. Plus, a place for your daily gratitude? I'm all over that! I am a planner, journal, pen/pencil, washi tape, all things paper related fanatic and I'm telling you, this is like the Holy Grail of planners! I'm counting down the days until I can use the real thing but until them I'm practicing to find out what works best for me, because you know, I want the real thing to look pretty when I start using it. I feel like order has been restored to my life and I'm just a happier girl when there is order. Otherwise I find myself aimlessly walking around the house in my pajamas at 1pm. Not there's anything wrong with that, right?


I love this cover so much that I got a matching pedicure. That's not weird right? Wait. It is? Then let's pretend it was a happy accident.

9 comments:

  1. Is it year specific? So yours is for 2015?
    xo~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could use a lot more order in my days... i aimlessly wander around... a l o t... i've tried list making and end up forgetting to look at my list and i've also slacked on birthdays this past year because of my lack of organization! this planner looks very helpful... and it's the perfect color, too! happy planning to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I love this. I have not used a day planner since I left the work force. I, too, am a list maker and struggle to keep on track without one. I like this one...and I love that you did all that research on it for US...lol Happy list making. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this, I've already printed out the sample page and like it, as well. That "don't forget" box might just replace sticky notes on the bathroom mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a lovely way to stay sane! I like your coordinating piggies, too! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for doing all that research for me -- am afraid I may be a big copycat! Your tootsies look fabulous in that color -- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been intrigued by the Day Designer for awhile now, so I'm glad to hear your great review. I'm all set for this coming year's planner, but that green gingham one is very tempting......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big list maker too, but I just use plain notebooks. Looks like a great planner though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used Whitney's DayDesigner for 2014 and have loved it! I'm trying out a different one for 2015 (similar to the DayDesigner format but a little more simplified) to decide which one I like best. You're going to love using it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. It's always so appreciated.