August 26, 2016

Friday Favorites


I have not done a Friday Favorites post in ages but this week has been so full of little things that have made me happy that I felt compelled to share them with you. I'll start with this Blueberry Crumb Cake that I enjoyed with a chai latte in the studio with a friend this morning. That's the way to start off a day! It's also the last sweet treat of it's kind for me for awhile as I am starting on a doctor advised Gluten elimination diet. Any helpful tips welcome!

To inspire my creativity I am loving all the classes at the Creative Bug website! Well worth the $5 per month to access it all and you can try it out free for two weeks. How will I ever find time to do all of the classes that interest me?! Also, I am adoring these podcasts from Jooles at Sew Sweet Violet. It's like sitting down with a cozy, sweet friend and talking about crafty things.

With there being quite a lack of anything worth watching on television right now, we have been enjoying watching Season 1 of the BBC's Cranford. It's not quite Downton Abbey worthy, but it is charming and quirky and the actor that plays Carson is in it, and I happen to have a mad crush on him! We also watched the movie Big Stone Gap on Netflix with Ashley Judd which I loved! How did I not know that was a movie? What a happy surprise! Last weekend we saw Florence Foster Jenkins and laughed so hard! I don't know how, while sharing the screen with Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant, but the piano player steals the movie!

Last, but not least, while I'm holed up waiting for the arrival of autumn, I'm loving this candle. It's a bit of a splurge, but a worthy one. Some women love to buy shoes and clothes. I buy books and candles.

Happy weekend! I hope yours is full of favorite things!

21 comments:

  1. Oh that cake looks good! I love the guy playing the piano man in the movie. He is on Big Bang Theory, that I never watched until this year and I am binge watching it on TBS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully my weekend will be filled with pretty garden things. On TV I highly recommend a show called the Durrell's if you can get it in the US! Lovely story and a feast for the eye, nothing like Downtown but just as beautiful! Wishing you a wounderful weekend!!
    Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, sadly that doesn't appear to be one we can get here! Bet we're missing all kinds of good stuff across the pond.

      Delete
  3. Thank's for the list Jen. I have just discovered podcasts so I will add sew sweet violet to my list of ones to watch. I've been busy fluffing and playing in my craft studio and actually blogged an old fashioned post this week. It feels good to have my life back. Glad to see you're enjoying your little slice of village heaven. Now hurry up fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant candle. What is the most prominent scent?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a candle lover.. I want to,pull out a fall candle. It am holding off for just a few more weekend.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did get your lovely envelope! Am sending you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Big Stone Gap on my bookshelf to read, I didn't know about the movie either. I shall put reading it and then watching it on my to do list.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the recommendation for Creative Bug. I've never heard of it but I checked it out & it looks like a treasure trove!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen, I couldn't sleep , or should say I was awakened by a loud snoring bear lying next to me. Of course ,time to check email. I was so entertained by Creative bug. I watched a gob of the artists videos. Passed 2 hours quickly. I really enjoyed the entire post and am not deleting yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep recommending movies. I search and search (yes, it's a dry season for TV right now). I've always loved Ashley Judd. I'm going to look for this one tonight. And I'm definitely making the blueberry crumble. I've been off sugar for 6 weeks but a bite doesn't hurt andI give away the rest.

    Happy Weekend.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that your week was full of all these amazing things that made you happy! Thanks for sharing, sweet friend - I'm off to check out those shows and movies!! I miss Downton...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your pretty photos! I'm really enjoying Sew Sweet Violets podcasts too...they are a joy to watch. Gorgeous looking candle and id rather have a candle than new shoes too!
    Wishing you a lovely week.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A slab of blueberry crumb cake would go down well with the cup of tea I'm drinking.
    Have a peaceful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Friday favorites!! I can't wait to check out those movies! Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be up late working on graphics for my high school reunion - how did I get put in charge of decorations? - so I'm going to watch the Ashley Judd movie. I've never heard of it, but I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Blueberry Crumb Cake looks so nice ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Candleford is wonderful. Make sure to watch Return to Candleford too! Have you watched the series, Larkrise to Candleford? It is fantastic, and features Mr. Bates from Downton.:) Kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! Thank you so much, Kit! I've just added it to our Amazon watch list.

      Delete
  18. I have read all of the Big Stone Gap books and then all of the others she wrote , loved them. will look out for the film in the UK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. It's always so appreciated.