November 08, 2011

Fresh Out of the Oven

Lately I've really enjoyed cooking. It's not just the food, but the process. Also, I really enjoy eating so that's a bonus. Cool weather always sends me to the stove but this year there is something in addition to that. I'm just so very satisfied by it. Be warned, there will be a lot of food posts in our future.


Today I want to share my recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. If you call it bread you can eat it for breakfast. If you call it Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake, not so much. I was all ready to publish this post when I realized how remiss I was in not taking a photograph of an actual slice of cake, err, I mean bread. And even though it was only 8:30 am, because I call it bread it was totally acceptable to cut myself a slice to "share" with you


And since I can't really share a slice with you, as much I want to, I can share the recipe.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
4 eggs, beaten
1 c oil
1/2 c cold water
3 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
3 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips

Combine the pumpkin eggs, oil, water and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Put into 2 large loaf pans and bake at 350° for 1 hour. You can also put into small loaf pans and they take about 45 mins. I like to bake 1 large loaf (for us) and 2 small loaves (for sharing).

27 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love your dishes and your gift label. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy...thanks for sharing the recipe. I think I might try this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the packaging Jen. No one does simple comfort like you. I have been in a kitchen mode lately, too and am thinking baking will be in my gift giving future. Thanks for yet another recipe to add to my rearend...I mean recipe file. I made your biscuits with chili last week and they were a hit. Have a wonderful day, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!
    BTW, I absolutely adore your style! So cozy and homey - I strive for that in my home, but havent' mastered it as you seem to have done.
    Lovely plate and glass, too :)
    I appreciate the fact that you seem to really focus on making your house a home, and taking care of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy!!!! Did you use a template for your labels? Super cute as always =) Miss you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That "bread" looks delicious! And I love the adorable floral plate and glass on display, too. Very cute! Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jotting down the recipe. I also love the way you packaged it up. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the perfect breakfast to me! Adore your labels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable packaging! WHERE did you get you cute bags and labels? I MUST get me some of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love to cook too, even the precess of it..measuring & poring & mixing..the clink of the measuring cups..it's just fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so yummy! Need some now!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Adorable bags! How do you do so many things so well??? You're amazing!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those labels!!! You are so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious! I have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. look at your adorable tags, miss jen!

    the bread looks like a completely delish breakfast. i make mine with raisins (pre-soaked in boiled water for maximum plumpocity).

    enjoy!!!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Get. Out.
    The bread. The labels. The milk glass. The baker.
    All just one big yum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM ... YES PLEASE!! I am pinning this to my recipes right now : D

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, i adore that little label! what a precious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Recipes sounds great! Love your packaging too.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love making this "bread" too! Your packaging is so cute and I'd love to do that too for gifts!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so going to try this recipe. This family loves anything with pumpkin in it and the chocolate chips just sealed the deal! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks simply divine .... nothing like chocolate chips and pumpkin to make you feel hungry. Just need a good cup of tea to make it perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, yum! I love chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Unfortunately though, my hubby doesn't like chocolate and my son doesn't like pumpkin, so if I made this, I'd have to eat the entire loaf by myself!

    How'd you make those darling labels for the bags?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the bags!! No cake, er bread for me. I love the dishes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you can bake for me any day. looks yummy.

    the bags and labels are adorable. i am also loving the books in the photo. i am such a book girl. anything worth reading???

    ReplyDelete
  25. bet it would make great muffins
    too/see not cupcakes makes a difference one you can legally eat for breakfast. Looks yummy I will
    be grocery shopping in the morning for sure to snag these ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait to try this - thanks for sharing! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. It's always so appreciated.