I find myself completely astonished to discover that it has been 10 years this month since I began my Sacred Day practice. Someday soon I want to say a lot more on the topic. But for now let me just say rather dramatically... the practice has saved me and that it is on the list of top 5 things I am grateful for. And though today is my Sacred Day, it has not been a typical one as my guy is traveling and due home this evening leaving me to do all of the things he usually does- including making my morning chai latte, walking the dog and making dinner. And yes I do realize how spoiled I am but you can't even imagine how spoiled he is!
Clover and I did our walk early to beat the heat on what feels like it should be an autumn day. You know if not for the heatwaves that refuse to leave us be. My heart has moved on from summer, though to be clear my heart was never in summer and now I wait for my reality to catch up to my heart.
Autumn always feels like a fresh start, more so than in January when I am wholly unconcerned with goals and any priority that doesn't involve sitting by the fire. Though to be clear my goals in general right now are not especially ambitious and on some days look something like survive the dumpster fire that is our reality. But on Sacred Day the goal is no news reading. Instead there is journaling, stitching, knitting, dreaming and any number of creative rabbit holes I throw myself down.
Though I have had a more creative summer than probably any that came before it, it has been a funny 'ol time as I struggled to recover from having my gallbladder out and getting back to doing all the things I wanted to do. Now that I am on the other side, I'm ready to say goodbye to A/C, sweaty thighs, wearing the least amount of clothes possible and keeping shades drawn at half mast. The heat zaps my creativity and energy. I am now ready to settle in for my favorite seasons and spend as much time as possible with my head in the clouds and my hands in my projects. Until then I will be sat here dreaming of what's to come.
I've followed you all these many years, both here and on Instagram, and so enjoy the love you bring to your life. Thanks for being here and for sharing a bit of your world with us. --Beth
ReplyDeleteJen, reading your blog is such a breath of fresh air. I love hearing about your Sacred days. I had not thought of not consuming news on Sacred Day, and that is such a great idea! Now that my daughter is back at college and my garden is all done for the season, I'm getting back into crafty things. I started crocheting a new blanket, but I'm afraid I started a bit too early - it is so hot here in Wisconsin, too, and when it lies across my lap as I work on it, it's just too much! May have to put it aside until the weather cools down and work on something else instead! Please keep writing! Your words are so calming and I love getting a glimpse of your studio. I am a beginning knitter and would love to hear more about all the projects you're working on, knitting and everything else, too!
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely to read. I would love to hear more about your Sacred Day practice. I am just out of the preschooler stage with my children and am ready for a few quieter days for myself!! Glad to hear you’re feeling better - best wishes for a wonderful, calm, creative autumn!
ReplyDelete💗
ReplyDelete