1) Typos make me crazy. My last job was doing financial reports for a big 5 firm and typos absolutely were.not.acceptable. Now I see them everywhere.
2) I'm a ridiculous baby when Sweet Hubby is out of town. I only function at 1/2 power and I'm absolutely not myself until he comes back home. He's leaving soon for 9 days and I can't hardly stand the thought of it. Hurry home Baby.
3) I must have my toenails painted. All the time.
4) I'm not great at anything. I'm relatively good at lots of things but I don't appear to have a God given talent for anything. Nothing I've discovered yet, anyway.
5) I'm divorced. I got married the first time at the age of 18 to a man that was 12 years older than me. I suffered through 1o years of unhappiness before I finally got the nerve to get out. Except for how it affects Maddie, getting divorced was the best thing I've ever done for myself.
6) I haven't had any contact with my biological father since I was 15. I was raised from the time I was 4 by my stepdad who really was all the Dad I needed. He treated me like I was his own from day one and I'm lucky that Sweet Hubby is the same way with Maddie.
7) I love to read and have several books going at any given time. Right now I'm reading a novel, a gardening book and a financial book at the same time. I'm always reading a magazine too.
I'm not tagging anyone because I think you have all already been tagged but if not let's hear about your weirdness!
This is a recipe from The Barefoot Contessa that I made for my Mom for Mother's Day. I think you will enjoy it!
Blueberry Crumb Cake
For the streusel
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmet
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
For the cake
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
2/3 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup fresh blueberries (I used frozen and thawed)
Confectioner's sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter and flour a 9 inch round baking pan (I used square).
For the streusel, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter and then the flour. Mix well and set aside.
For the cake, cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes, until light. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla, lemon zest, and sour cream. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and stir iwth a spatula to be sure the batter is completely mixed.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out with a knife. With your fingers, crumble the topping evenly over the batter. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely and serve sprinkled with confectioner's sugar.