January 18, 2007

Tummy- An Introduction


This is one of my 2 cats and (shh, don't tell anyone) my favorite. We rescued him 2 1/2 years ago from a no kill shelter where he had been living for 5 months. Before that he had been living on the streets for a long time when a very patient and kind hearted lady was finally able to catch him and bring him to the Humane Society.

He managed to get out of our house 3 months after we got him thanks to help from our other cat who opened the door, not shut tight by Emma (who was 3 at the time) and encouraged him to leave for greener pastures. He was gone for 6 agonizing weeks before we got him back. He was very skinny and very grateful. He is still grateful. He is no longer skinny.

He is my constant faithful companion. He is always by my side and usually in my lap. If he can't find me in the house he walks around crying in the most mournful tone you can imagine. Sweet Hubby thinks it sounds like he's saying "Mommy". This cat has even turned Sweet Hubby into a cat person. No.small.task. This sweet pudgy cat holds the hearts of our entire family in his furry little paws.

17 comments:

  1. He looks so cuddly!! I love my kitty, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my heart be still! This little one looks exaclty like my little "Halo"
    who I have posted several times and now she has wings.I miss her dearly.

    {{{Gone for 6 weeks}}}omg....I would have died! My cats are my soul..I have 3 and LoVe them dearly! Natureboy loves them too! I really enjoyed this post! :)NG =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet kitty and sweet daybed might I add :)
    My pretty kitty has the bluest of eyes like my dad did so I named him Rudy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are just love bugs, aren't they? All that they want is a some love, some food, and a bit of playing. Oh, and a clean litter box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been tagged (sorry if this is a duplicate)...just go to my blog to see the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED this post! Nothing nicer than seeing and reading about each other's pets. What a precious cat, and perfect companion. He is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I'm done tagging everybody I had to come back to this post. I am a former "cat hater" but, at the current time, have 3 cats. They are the perfect companions...nice to see a picture of your cozy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your kitty! And what a great picture. He does look cuddly and it's that the best?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A few years back our neighbors cat decided he liked our home better. My hubby (who says he hated the cat) put in kitty doors :o). Tiger (aka Buckey, Archie Bunker, Dennis the Menace) is my precious little boy. He sleeps at my feet or on my side where my waist dips. He's a yellow/orange tom with the most vivid green eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the sweetest little post. Absolutely adorable photo of your full and grateful kitty. And this coming from a so called Dog person. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet post. I always say that cats are like collectables....you can't have just one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you already know that I have Tummy's twin. However, my Roadie is not much of a Momma's boy unless the food bowl is emply.
    That's a great picture of what a cat does best, snooze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful - cats are heart melters x

    ReplyDelete
  14. we got our orange tabby from a no kill shelter almost 2 yrs ago. She is a talker.....boy does she talk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah what a sweet post and sweet cat Jen! And I can so relate to this because I'm also an owner of a cat we've rescued from a "no kill shelter" which we call animal homes overhere and she's doing these strange noises sounding like Mummy too and she als can say Hunger which means hungry in German lol She's been away for a few days after we've got her just some days and came back 3 days later and since then (9 years ago) she has never left us again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your Tummy kitty. He is so sweet and so blessed to have found you and your family to love! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. It's always so appreciated.